Podcasting since 2005! Listen to Latest SolderSmoke

Saturday, February 17, 2018

KD4PBJ's Acorn AM Broadcast Band Regen


From Chris, KD4PBJ: 

This is my AM band regen I built during December and early January. 

It uses a 955 acorn tube and is a really hot performer! I can pick up dozens of stations with only a 20 ft piece of wire thrown out my shop window and tied to a nearby tree limb 5 ft off the ground. This is from rural Tennessee where we have no local AM’s. 

It uses a velvet vernier I bought off eBay back around 1999 or 2000 and had saved for a special project like this. 

I’m running filaments off a 6V lantern battery and plates off a type 415 45V battery. 

A nice ham/machinist I met on the Time Nuts list who lives in San Francisco made my insulated shaft couplings. I got the Delrin rod cheap off eBay. He cut them to length, center drilled for 1/4 inch and drilled each end for 2 setscrews.





2 comments:

  1. Fabulous project, Chris. I'll need to make a one hour road trip to see it and hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got that same vernier from a 1938 Eilen Radio Laboratories All-Electric 3

    ReplyDelete

Designer: Douglas Bowman | Dimodifikasi oleh Abdul Munir Original Posting Rounders 3 Column